Snow storms and strong winds are the bane of winters. This calls for extra care and precaution while you travel on highways and roads. To help you stay safe this winter, Catering At Your Door is sharing snowy winter tips from Maryland State Highway Administration.
Here are some tips shared by local authority of Maryland:
- Drive careful across bridges, ramps and overpasses. They freeze first and become prone to accidents.
- Prepare your vehicle for winter by arranging a mechanic check
- Carry winter survival driving kit and food supplies while starting on a long trip
- Visit www.md511.org for current travel information
- Check weather updates before starting your journey
Visit http://roads.maryland.gov/OC/Winter_Driving_Safety_Tips.pdf to check out complete list of winter safety tips from Maryland State Highway Administration.
Stay warm this winter!